Roofing Experts in Columbia and the Surrounding Areas
When a roof sustains damage, the effects can be devastating. A roof that is not properly maintained can experience a sudden collapse. However, even a roof that is regularly maintained may still experience a collapse if there is a sudden weather change. Whatever the cause, it is important to get a roof repaired as soon as possible.
Our Columbia roof repair experts at Combs Design & Build are here to help you get back on your feet after a roof collapse or any other type of damage.
Contact us now at (443) 457-9939 to schedule a free estimate for roof repairs in Columbia.
What Causes Roof Collapses?
Roof collapses can occur as a result of a sudden weather change, such as a heavy rainstorm or a sudden rise in temperature. If a roof is not properly insulated, it is more likely to collapse under these conditions. A sudden collapse can also occur if the roof is not properly maintained. If the roof deck is cracked or sagging, the roof may collapse under the weight of the snow or rain. Finally, a roof collapse can occur if the roof is old and has reached the end of its lifespan.
Some signs that a roof is reaching the end of its lifespan include:
- Sagging roof deck
- Cracked or broken ceiling
- Sagging or cracked soffits
- Cracked or broken gutters
- Loose or missing shingles
- Deteriorating flashing
- Holes in the roof deck
What Are the Signs of a Sagging Roof?
If the roof deck is sagging, it is important to get it repaired as soon as possible. A sagging roof deck is more vulnerable to collapsing. If the weight of the snow or rain is too much for the sagging roof deck, the roof may collapse.
Some signs that a roof deck is sagging include:
- The ceiling is sagging
- The ceiling is cracked
- The ceiling is bulging
- The ceiling is cracked or water-damaged
What Are the Signs of a Leaking Roof?
A roof that is leaking is a serious problem. A roof that is leaking is vulnerable to water damage, which can quickly destroy a home. If the roof is not repaired promptly, the wood underneath will rot and the roof will collapse.
Some signs that a roof is leaking include:
- Water stains on the ceiling: If there are water stains on the ceiling, it is a sign that the roof is leaking.
- Water stains on the interior walls: If there are water stains on the interior walls, it is a sign that the roof is leaking.
- Mold or mildew on the ceiling: If there is mold or mildew on the ceiling, it is a sign that the roof is leaking.
- Mold or mildew on the interior walls: If there is mold or mildew on the interior walls, it is a sign that the roof is leaking.
For roof repairs in Columbia, call (443) 457-9939 today.
Call 443-457-9939 or contact us online to schedule an estimate. Our team is excited to help build your dream space!